Hyundai Reimbursement Program Facts
Hyundai is committed to fully reimbursing affected current and former vehicle owners for the difference in fuel costs associated with our rating change. Our top priority is to make things right for Hyundai owners.
- Current owners (original): To make a claim, current owners who bought their vehicle new prior to November 3, 2012 must: (1) register their contact information (online via www.HyundaiMPGinfo.com, by mail, email, fax using the Hyundai claim form); and (2) obtain a current mileage reading from an authorized Hyundai dealer.
- Current owners (subsequent): To make a claim, current owners who bought their vehicles used prior to November 3, 2012 must: (1) register their contact information (by mail, email or fax using the Hyundai claim form; (2) obtain a current mileage reading from an authorized Hyundai dealer; (3) provide proof of mileage during their ownership of the vehicle (e.g., purchase document, odometer disclosure statement, smog certification, repair order or other document demonstrating mileage at the time of purchase).
- Former owners (original and subsequent): To make a claim, former owners must: (1) register their contact information (by mail, email or fax using the Hyundai claim form; and (2) provide proof of mileage during their ownership of the vehicle (e.g., purchase and sale documents, odometer disclosure statements, smog certifications, repair orders or other documents demonstrating mileage at the time of purchase and/or sale/disposal).
- Mileage formula: Owners will be reimbursed based on: (1) 2012 average fuel prices for their geographic area; (2) mileage accrued by the owner; (3) change in combined (city/hwy) EPA estimates for their vehicle; and (4) fuel grade (regular or premium) recommended for their vehicle.
- 2012 average fuel prices will be based on U.S. Energy Information Administration data for the owner’s geographic area (e.g., New England or Gulf Coast).
- Choices: Owners will receive a debit card with reimbursement based on the above formula. In addition, as an acknowledgment of other small costs and the inconvenience this may cause, we will add an extra 15% to your reimbursement amount. Current owners are eligible for subsequent reimbursements as frequently as desired for as long as they own their vehicle. Prior owners of affected vehicles who have already sold their cars will receive a one-time reimbursement using the same formula.
Applicable Time Period Limitations
- Current and former owners may make a claim for mileage reimbursement beginning November 3, 2012.
- Current owners are advised to make one claim every calendar year, though they will be permitted to make more than one per year. They may also submit a second claim in a calendar year upon the sale of their subject vehicle. Former owners may make one claim (per vehicle).
- Mileage will not be reimbursed for new owners taking ownership of any of the affected vehicles after November 2, 2012, excepting inter-family changes of ownership between immediate family members (e.g. spouse, children, parents).
Hyundai will review owner requests and send reimbursement within 30 days of their complete claim submission (including mileage verification).